The Nebraska AIDS Project in Kearney is seeking a case manager to work with persons impacted by HIV in central Nebraska.
The position requires a BS/BA in Human Services field, knowledge of area resources, advocacy skills, and experience with health care issues and systems. Must be a self-starter with excellent communication and computer skills; be able to work with diverse populations, families, etc. A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Andrew Brackett at email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 2378; Kearney, NE 68848. Call (308) 338-0527 for more information.
Case Manager Job Description
1. General case management services for eligible clients, including but not limited to, complete psycho-social assessments, development and follow through of service plans, ongoing communication with clients, provide assistance with and referrals for basic care needs, monitoring of medical adherence, and completion of all documentation as required by agency and state policies and procedures.
2. Home visit and required meetings including: medical case reviews/rounds, staff and case management meeting and other community meetings as required by NAP.
3. Complete quarterly Ryan White and Housing Opportunities for Persons with HIV/AIDS (HOPWA) reports as required by state policies.
1. Additional requirements for clietn service delivery as indicated in case management guidelines, policies, and procedures.
2. Ability to facilitate and plan/organizae monthly support gorups, as necessary.
3. Attend required NAP events as instructed by the Executive Director.
4. Assist with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
– Must be adaptable to a dynamic and fluctuating work environment
– Regular and predictable attendance required
– Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate polite and friendly customer service
– Possess good computer skills
– Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field (e.g., psychology, counseling, nursing, sociology, etc.), or six years of work experience in a similar field.
– Client Case Management experience preferred
– Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS preferred
– Familiarity with medical service provision and other human service resources preferred.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the position described. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.